Wednesday 31 October 2012

Paying it forward.....results 10 weeks on.

Back in Round 2 of the 12WBT, I undertook a 50 kilometre walk along the federation trail. To recap on that, check out the link and read the Mini Milestone challenge.

http://wonderwomankipwil.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/week-8-reflection.html


Now I had two reasons to do this challenge.  The first well, to see if I could do it!  But right from the beginning, 8 weeks earlier, I wanted it to mean something.  I wanted my challenge to be able to let someone else feel as GREAT as I felt, to feel the success and gain confidence, to change their lives and believe in themselves, like I learned to do.  Those things are gifts that I will hold close to me, to experience such a huge turnaround in my life is more than I can express in words.  And I found it through Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation.  More than a weight loss program, this changed EVERY aspect of my life for the better. And ....it WORKS.

So after I completed the 50 K walk, I had raised the funds needed to sponsor another and pay for a heart rate monitor.  Thank you so much to the generosity of my friends.  And now, let me reveal to you, with permission, a picture of the results.  I give you Theresa Lee, 10 weeks in to the program.






AMAZING!  She was nominated by her friend.

"I would like to nominate one of my dearest friends whom I have known since High School. Her name is Tess, she recently started to do some training of her own and completed the 5km Run Melbourne. I would likeTess to receive this as she a mild case of Cerebral Palsy but as long as I have known her it has never stopped her doing anything. She is a mum to 3 beautiful kids including a son with Aspergers Syndrome so the training could be a bit of 'Me' time for her. I have seen the Michelle Bridges do amazing things for some special ladies and I know Tess would love to continue training."

Now Theresa has not only lost the weight, she is RUNNING!  Just recently she massacred a massive 7 minutes off her personal best time to run 5 km and has signed up for her first 10 kilometre funrun!  She also regularly works out at 5.30, 6 am in the morning! 

I challenge you, each of you to look at what excuses you make to not do the work.  I still have excuses..." It's too hot, I'm too tired, i just don't feel like it!"  But then I look at this AMAZING woman who has achieved so much in such a short period of time and she inspires me.  Monumentally.

And just to finish, this incredible woman is signed up for another round......and I know she will SMASH it just like this time!

GO TESS!!!!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo Theresa, your progress this round has been amazing, you are a machine with your early morning workouts something I have yet to conquer...

    You have such a big, kind, generous heart Kristine :) It's people like you that make this world a better place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I was not aware that Tess was the recipient of this great offer. She came and trained at one of our saturday garage sessions and busted her gut. I am so happy for her and she is proof that there are no excuses if you really want to succeed at this.

    ReplyDelete