Sunday 22 July 2012

Week 7 Reflection

A week of memories, sadness and joys and avoiding ironing. :)


Unless you're this guy...then iron all you want!

Menu plans  

This week was the week of the stir fry.  I love a good stirfry, so quick to make, yummy and you can change the flavour so many different ways!  My personal favourite is the Salmon and broccolini stirfry. A surprisingly yummy lunch was satay egg, carrot and cucumber corn thins....I admit I was not overjoyed to try this but mmmm it gets the thumbs up from me.  The Masterchef judges love the bunless burgers....although they skip the whole mushroom bit.
Ate out a couple of times this week too...lunch with a friend on Friday then a trivia night dinner last night.  NOTE TO SELF: You cannot drink a bottle of wine anymore without feeling gross!  Even though you think you still can DON'T! A glass is enough!
I've been drinking lots of herbal teas, both from the competiton prize and the ones I already have.  My favourite is still lemongrass and ginger but a relaxation blend from Tea Tonic is right up there...OMG relax?  I felt like I was just so deliciously heavy and slow and so chilled out I could've dribbled all over the floor and not realised.  A FANTASTIC tea to have just before bed and not out of a thermos while watching your son's footy training in the car. If you want to feel like someone has liquified your bones and reduced you to mush then here's a link:
http://teatonic.com.au/products/relaxation-tea/

Exercise plans

I am loving doing the Lean and Strong program!  Yes, it's hard work, but way harder mentally than physically.  I can truly appreciate all those vacant fierce determined looks of concentration I see on faces at the gym! 
A few differences this week but the main one being, I began to keep my workout diary. A GREAT tool, I can keep track of my weights and reps and I've been highlighting 'PBs'...when I up my weights or do more reps.  Love seeing those colours!  So I managed to up my weights on the shoulder press, assisted chinups and rear deltoid raises and up the reps on my arch nemesis the hamstring curl machine and mac raises.
Another benefit to keeping the diary is, when I am searching for any reason at all to avoid ironing, I can calculate all sorts of things!  So for this week:

Hours workout: 9 hours
Calories burned: 3759 or an average of 626.5 a workout.
Calories consumed: 8192 or an average of 1365 a day

So taking into account that my BMR ( basic calories burned every day if I did nothing but beat my heart and breathe pretty much) is 1214 a day, if we subtract that for the 6 days plus workouts, I'm in calorie deficit by 2851 calories.  And that equals weight/body fat loss or knowing I can relax a little when I go out!

Not bad considering I'm not ravenously hungry all the time...eating clean has WAY more food for your belly than junk food does!


SSS and surprise challenge

WOH!  This weeks SSS has been done earlier in the round and it nearly killed me.... interval sprints mixed up with 100 burpees, jump squats, plyometric lunges, etc, and topped off with 100 crunches and a few planks, just for fun. Last time I was a puddle of sweat gasping for air by the second round. But this time, I managed it easier and in a faster time than last time I did this. While my breathing got heavy and sweat still literally dripped off me (great pore cleanser LOL) I could FEEL how much stronger I felt doing it, and there was no gasping like a fish out of water.  It was great to actually see that my fitness levels have INCREASED as well as my strength! It's motivating to know it's working, so I recommend testing yourself every 4-6 weeks....just to see how far you've come along.

Thank you to everyone who watched my mindset lesson!  It won a prize from the Michelle Bridges 12WBT....I am SOOO looking forward to buying a new sports bra with my Triumph voucher!

And a MASSIVE thank you to all those who have donated on the Pay It Forward page!  I am only $10 off goal and this time next week, I will have completed the 50K walk.  I have a few nominations but I welcome more for our panel to choose from so don't be shy...nominate yourself or a friend or relative!  Details are on the Pay It Forward page :)

I also want to thank you all who have read my recent blogpost on 'What will people think? '.  I have had so many positive comments and read your stories I have been motivated, inspired,  brought to tears and to laughter and am just blown away by all you fabulous people who took the time out of your day to let me know what you thought.  Thank you....for everything.  For taking my heavy heart and the words I wrote crying and turning it into something strong.

And finally...I have your 'To Do' list right here....


LET'S BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment